Monday, August 12, 2013

August

Please ignore my messy counters, focus on the cute boys!
It is August, in Texas.  
The high the other day was 105, no joke!
It's also humid, like you can't breathe because the air is so thick. 
So yesterday, I came across a list of what people did in August with their kids. 
It mainly involved movies and swimming.  
My kids can't watch TV all day because we would all go CRAZY!
We don't have a pool but we do have a friend that invites us over every Wednesday so that is covered.  However, I wanted to give you moms out there a list of fun things to do that don't cost money.  
I'm sure there is somebody out there that could use some help. 
1. Run through the sprinkler.  This is my kids favorite thing to do in the whole wide world.  We turn on the sprinkler in the brownest part of the yard and my kids go nuts. Sometimes they ride their bikes through it too. 
2. Make your own movie.  The kids made their own movie with Legos, cars, and blocks.  It won't win a prize but they had fun! 
3. Make recycled art.  We save old toilet paper rolls, lids to milk jugs, paper scraps, etc and my kids create art projects out of it. 
4. Make your own game.  The boys like to take their board games and mix them up to invent their own game.  This can last for hours!
5. Hide and Seek.  We have started playing Hide and Seek inside the house.  This is a great way to get some extra energy out. 

Okay, this is a start for you before Summer ends.  Please leave your ideas in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment