Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pilates



I have started going to this yoga studio and they have a lot of different classes.  
One of the classes is Pilates.  
I have done several Pilates dvd's and so when I saw that they offered Pilates I thought it would be no big deal for me to go try out a class.  Boy was I WRONG! 
First of all, I found out that I had been holding my feet wrong.  
Second of all, I had been holding my stomach wrong. 
Oh, and I had also been breathing wrong. 
All of these things combined make for a very different workout than what I was expecting. 
I left that class a little sore (I was REALLY sore the next morning!).
More importantly though, I got a good workout and a much needed form change.  
This is one of the things I love about working out in a class or with a trainer.  They are there to help you with your form, technique, breathing, and to motivate you when you feel like stopping.  
Don't get me wrong, I love workout dvd's!  However, it is important to make sure you are performing the moves right so that you don't injure yourself. 
Have you ever tried out a Pilates class?

No comments:

Post a Comment