Friday, November 22, 2013

Sweet Potato Chili

I love Fall.  It's my favorite season of the year: I adore the changing leaves, the coolness of the air after a LONG and HOT Summer, finally getting to slip on jeans and boots; sometimes even a long sleeve shirt.  Then there's the leaves as the slowly change from green to gold, crimson, and fiery orange.  
Yes, I'm so very thankful for Fall!  
A few weeks ago one of my friends, Christiaan (Yes, that's how you spell her name.  Isn't it so cool!), mentioned her family's new recipe; Sweet Potato Chili.  This intrigued me so I demanded nicely asked for the recipe.  After reading it I decided that this is a recipe for all of you.  It's fast, easy, and tastes like Fall in a bowl.  My kids all ate it and a few of them had seconds (one even had thirds).  If you are in a hurry just throw it in the slow cooker on low and it will be ready when you get home.  I made it on the stove and it was done in less than thirty minutes. 


Sweet Potato Chili

2lbs ground meat
Chili Seasoning (I just used chili powder, turmeric, garlic, and cumin)
4 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 cans diced tomatoes with juice
2 cups bone broth
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
garlic powder or fresh garlic to taste
salt and pepper to taste

Brown the ground meat with chili seasoning.  While meat is browning peel and dice sweet potatoes.  Once meat is browned add sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes, bone broth and seasonings.  Cover and simmer until potatoes are soft. 




No comments:

Post a Comment