Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What Workout?

Somewhere in the midst of last minute packing and lugging of furniture I sort of slacked off on my workouts.  I swore up and down that I would be hitting it hard when we got moved in but between unpacking, a one year old that is struggling to sleep in her new room, and a husband that actually has to go in to an office EVERYDAY versus working from home, my workouts have stunk for the last two weeks.  I have gotten in two runs, seriously two!  The only weights I have lifted have been boxes and kids.  
Here we are in January where most people are busting out insane workout schedules and chugging freaky looking detox drinks and then there's me.  Does this make me a failure?  No, not at all.  It makes me real.  
If I wanted to get seriously real with you I would admit that I didn't even make goals for 2014.  I know your world just tipped a little.  It'll be okay.  
Here is my reasoning, yes I want to continue on this healthy whole food living and exercising lifestyle however, I am moving and having child #5 so I am not going to make a list that I struggle with and then beat myself up in February or March when I haven't worked on them AT ALL!  
No, I haven't quit working out I just haven't been consistent.  What am I going to do about it?  I am going to get a schedule and stick to it.  This afternoon I sat down and planned out my workouts for the rest of January and will show them to my husband when he gets home.  I have on my workout clothes so when Rusty gets home I will be leaving for my run.  I might have to change my workouts to night workouts because lately I have needed more sleep but who cares about the time of the workout as long as it happens right?  I will also be posting more about my workouts on the Mom 4ce Facebook page.
I hope that my honesty and posts encourage you to not beat yourself up but to pick up and go from where you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment