Monday, March 24, 2014

21 DSD- Week 2

Week 2 started off great and kind of ended with a sugar high.  
We have had fun trying out new recipes and playing with old ones.  I've even been okay saying no to all of the berries that are on sale and I'm buying for my kids.  
Then, I had friends from out of town come over for dinner last night and decided to make cookies. 
Confession time here, I adore cookie dough.  Seriously, I can eat it by the spoonful and never get around to making cookies.  That could be one of the reasons I don't look like Jennifer Aniston....
So here is what I am figuring out and slowly dealing with. 
1. My sugar addiction is not going to go away overnight or maybe even in 21 days. 
2. I turn to food to deal with my problems.  
3. Sugar gives you a giant headache and hangover type feelings when you haven't had it in a while. 
So what now, you ask?
I have one more week on the 21 DSD and just because I had a setback does not mean I am going to quit. I look forward to seeing what happens in the next 7 days. 
When I have a sugar craving which is bound to happen, I am going to stop and deal with WHY I am turning to food versus dealing with my problems.  It typically happens after a rough day so I need to turn to God not food, after all there is a reason that God is called The Great Comforter.  
I also did something that I haven't done in a LONG time, I planned out my menu and prepped some veggies.  This is a must when you are on a 21 DSD and have always hungry kids.  No scrounging through the kitchen looking for breakfast or lunch, I am prepared and the kids can even help cook!  
Have you done a 21 Day Sugar Detox?  Do you want to?

No comments:

Post a Comment