Monday, April 7, 2014

Just Chew

I've been learning a lot in school the last few months, so much that I've filled up a notebook with notes and ideas!
One of the biggest things that I've learned is to chew your food.  I know that this is something so simple and yet something that we really don't do.  Chewing is so important to good digestion and absorbing all of your nutrients.  When we chew our food it releases saliva that is vital in breaking down our food.  
The last few months our family has slowed down and mindfully focused on chewing and enjoying our meals.  This past month my husband and I noticed that we all eat a little less however, we have really enjoyed longer mealtimes and discussions.  
To start we all chewed thirty times and then we have increased the number from there.  
Now we don't even really count we just chew. 
Tell me, do you chew your food?


No comments:

Post a Comment