Friday, October 3, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Yum

It's fall, so that means pumpkin spice everything =)

I love pumpkin spic lattes, but since giving up sugar in my coffee earlier this year, I refuse to buy the pumpkin spice creamer (and who wants all those ingredients you can't pronounce?).

So, I've been scouring the internet for pumpkin spice creamer recipes.  And, I wasn't thrilled about most of them (one called for Truvia, one called for essential oils instead of real spices...).

The first one I found that I liked the ingredients on called for coconut milk.  And while it smelled wonderful, I thought it gave my coffee an interesting aftertaste.  Or maybe it was just me because I don't really like the taste of coconut ;)


This is what I've come up with.

1 1/2 cup almond milk
1 1/2 cup half and half
1/2 cup pumpkin pie mix
cinnamon
nutmeg
cloves
maple syrup

Combine the first 3 ingredients and whisk well.  Add the spices and maple syrup to taste. (since I don't like too sweet, I didn't add any beyond what was already in the pumpkin mix).  Gently heat until the mix starts steaming.  Strain through a fine mesh strainer.  Store in the refrigerator.



No comments:

Post a Comment