Monday, June 29, 2015

My Little Ordeal...

A few weeks ago I was getting ready to head out of town to teach a wellness class and realized that I had a lump on my Thyroid. I got a little worried but I was busy and decided that I would call the doctor on Monday. I worked really hard at not being worried and didn't even tell my husband until later that night.

On Monday I called my doctor and they had me come in the next day. I had some blood work done and they scheduled an Ultrasound. The doctor was impressed with my lab results, yay for changing your diet and exercising.

On Wednesday I went in for my ultrasound and was pleasantly surprised to have my husband show up as I was walking into my appointment. He held my hand and laughed at my L-A-M-E jokes while we waited in the waiting room. (Side Note: Doctors and hospitals quit painting everything gray, Seriously it's not soothing!) I had my ultrasound and then headed to pick up my kiddos from a friends house. On the way home my doctor personally called me and told me that she wanted me to have a biopsy as soon as possible.

At this point I started to really get nervous. I had just finished a Thyroid Coaching course and thought I was quite an expert. However, I'm not an expert and have so much more to learn.

As I waited to hear about my Biopsy appointment I talked to a few of my friends and asked for prayers and I focused on NOT thinking about a needle being inserted into my throat.

**************To Be Continued**************

No comments:

Post a Comment