Thursday, November 12, 2015

Sweet Dreams?

As I posted a few weeks ago, I have had to slow waaaayyyyy down on my exercising. (You can read more about that here.) I had great intentions of doing some walking and weights. Then, my one year old quit sleeping through the night and I quit waking up early to work out.

To be honest, I really miss sleep. I love each and every one of my five kids but I really miss sleeping the whole night through.

The other night everyone was in bed by eight but one of the twins had a nightmare and then just as I was about to climb into bed the one year old woke up screaming and I was up with her until two. I may or may not have cried at that point.

For a while I was beating myself up for not pushing myself harder and exercising more even when I was tired but here's the deal, my body is healing. The last thing that I need to do is push myself right now. I am going for walks with my family, not as long as I always want to go but my body is still moving. I might do a small resistance workout or a stop drop and give me 20 throughout the day but I'm not doing what I had in my mind. However, I'm not giving up on myself at all!

I got released to workout more and it looks like my levels are all good so I am going to redeem a Groupon and get back to working out . I want to see some muscle growth and regain some strength that I've lost in the last month.

I'm also working on getting my sleep under control and working some kind of Sandman magic to get my daughter to sleep too.

Anyone out there have some sleeping tips for a restless daughter?

2 comments:

  1. No tips, but I'm sorry to hear that you're finding it difficult to find some peace and quiet at home. Here's to hoping things get better soon!

    ReplyDelete