Monday, March 25, 2013

Just Keep Moving

Lately I have not been motivated to run.  
There, I said it.  You know the truth.  

I've been doing other workouts.  I'm hitting bootcamp.  I have been doing Tai Cheng with my husband.  
I have even gone on some runs but the magic isn't happening and I feel like I am running through mud.  

So, what do you do when the motivation is missing?
First off, ask yourself; "What am I trying to avoid?"  For me am I really avoiding running or am I unwilling to push myself to the next mile, challenge, etc.  
Second, let yourself enjoy the exercise you are doing.  Focus on the enjoyment of that exercise and don't call it training.  For me, I have been focusing on the love of running and stepped back on training for a race and looking at my times. 
Third, listen to your body.  If your body is tired it may be time to step it back on that particular exercise and cross train.  For me I do several different types of exercise so that I can prevent burn out.
Finally, have fun!  If you really aren't motivated then go do what you are motivated to do.  

Now, I am off to go run in the beautiful sunshine.  What are you going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment