Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Stay With the Fight!

Back in January I stepped outside of my comfort zone (read running and weights ;)) and started Les Mills Combat.  Take a look...


Can I just say I'm loving it?  I never thought that punching and kicking would feel so good lol!  But this isn't the kickboxing y'all remember from Tae Bo.  This is mixed martial arts amped up!

Depending on which schedule you follow (there's 3 to choose from) you'll workout 5-6 days a week.  I went with the first schedule (5 days).  The longest workout is an hour (added in the 2nd or 3rd week).  The rest of the workouts average 30-45 minutes.  Perfect for me, because anything longer than that and the kids are yelling, screaming calling for my attention =)

There are three basic types of workouts.  You have your cardio (30, 45 and 60 minutes worth), your strength (about 30 minutes) and your stretching (45 minutes or so).  My favorite workouts are the Extreme Cardio (60 minutes) and the HIIT Power (30 minutes).  

I would video myself doing some of the workouts for y'all to see, but it's really not pretty.  I'm no where near as coordinated as the guys on the dvd.  But I still manage to get a good workout in in a relatively short amount of time.  And, I now feel like I have the power to land some punches and kicks if I had to lol!

After 60 days of Combat, I have a ton more definition through my shoulders (hello sleeveless shirts this summer!) and feel so much stronger.  I can definitely see adding these workouts in as cross training on my non running days.

No comments:

Post a Comment