Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Great-Grandmother

Everybody has a character in their family.  You know the person that everyone respects and admires while they chuckle and love them at the same time.  For my family that was Nonnie.  
I got the pleasure of taking care of Nonnie before she died.  By being in that position I was able to get to know her a whole lot better.  Therefore, my respect and admiration for her grew.  
Nonnie was 99 when she died.  She was planning on spending her birthday on the beach and, "no it wasn't going to be in a, "d*** wheelchair!" 
Nonnie ate her vegetables, everyday; in real butter. 
She ate eggs, all of it not just the whites. 
The lady MOVED!
She did laps in the pool. 
When she could no longer safely get in the pool she walked.  
Yes, at the age of 99 she went for a walk with her walker around the neighborhood.  
When we went to the grocery store I had to literally jog to keep up with her.  
I want to be like Nonnie when I grow up, a mover and a shaker!

No comments:

Post a Comment