Friday, July 19, 2013

Blueberry Sweet Potato



This year my family and I have become enamored with the sweet potato.  We have been eating them for breakfast four to six times a week and sometimes we have had them for lunch or dinner too.
I came across this recipe for a blueberry stuffed sweet potato and had to try it!  The day that I decided to make it I didn't have all of the ingredients so came up with this. 

Blueberry Breakfast Hash

3 Sweet Potatoes
2 Cups Blueberries
1-1.5 lbs Ground Meat
1 tsp Cinnamon
6 Eggs
 Ghee or Butter for cooking
Salt
Pepper

Peel and dice sweet potatoes.  Add ground beef, sweet potatoes, and cinnamon to a skillet and cook until meat is cooked through and sweet potatoes are tender.  Add blueberries and cover to cook .  In a separate pan fry eggs and top the hash with the fried egg.  Add salt and pepper to taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment