Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Including The Kids

I've had a stressful week.  My husband had surgery a week ago and my workouts have been sporadic.
On Monday my boys decided they wanted to run a 5k with me.  Those words were a wake up call to me, I should just include my kids in my workouts!  Typically I enjoy working out on my own but when your husband can't lift anything over five pounds and is out of it on painkillers you have to be flexible.  
I expected the kids to whine about the heat and I expected Anna to scream in her stroller but neither of those things happened.  In fact, I enjoyed myself.  We were S-L-O-W but we had fun and that was what really mattered.  
I'm not doing as strenuous as a workout as I would normally do, I'm not getting my "alone time" however, I am building memories and strengthening relationships.  In fact, the boys want to exercise with me; "forever."
Anna is even joining in on the fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment