Friday, July 5, 2013

"Pork Fried Rice"

Monday night found me craving some takeout Chinese food.  It also found me out of rice and I didn't have time to run to the store.  I have read about "Cauli-rice" but really didn't want to try it because I am not a big cauliflower fan (unless it's roasted and then I can eat a whole pan of it).  However, I decided to give it a try because I was too lazy to go to the store, ummm I mean I didn't have "time" to run to the store.  

For the Cauli-rice:
1 head of cauliflower coarsely chopped
Place in a pot and cover with water, cook until done.  
Using a fork crumble or shred apart to resemble rice (optional)
Melt a teaspoon of Ghee, Coconut Oil, or other oil of choice in a pan and saute cauliflower for one minute.
Add 1 teaspoon of coconut aminos and cover to keep warm. 

For the Pork:
Cut 6-8 thin sliced pork chops into bite sized pieces
Dice 1 onion
Thinly slice 2 stalks of celery, 2 carrots, and 1 bell pepper (any color), and a couple cloves of garlic
Heat 1 teaspoon of ghee in a skillet or wok
Toss in all of the above items and begin to cook
Add 6-8 dashes of fish oil, half a teaspoon of coconut aminos, and some pepper
Finish cooking until pork is cooked thoroughly
Mix in the Cauli Rice or serve on top of the rice

****You can always add in mixed veggies from a bag, broccoli, green beans, or any other veggies you have on hand.  You can also do other meats like fish, chicken, or steak********

I wanted to take a picture of this but my kids ate it too quickly, sorry for you but yea for me!  
Let me know how it turns out for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment