Friday, September 6, 2013

Italian Salmon and Shrimp Spaghetti

The other night I had salmon on the menu.  The problem is I only had a small salmon and my kids have decided to eat EVERYTHING in sight.  Seriously, three boys going through growth spurts; imagine locusts if you don't have know what I'm talking about.  
I decided to thaw out the pound of shrimp that I had in the freezer and I would just kind of "wing it" when it came to dinner.  Yes, this is how I cook!  I try to plan out our meals but it is a very loose menu plan.  

I set the timer on my phone to go off at 4 to get the Spaghetti Squash roasting in the oven.  This is our family's answer to pasta, we all love it.  I literally put the whole thing in the oven for an hour at 400 degrees.  Once you can poke a fork in it it is done.  I've been told that you can also put it in the slow cooker but I haven't tried that yet.  

Once my squash was done I seasoned the salmon with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper and tossed it into the oven at 375.  Once it easily flakes it is done, takes about fifteen minutes.
 
I then, took out a tablespoon of ghee (you can also use butter) along with a diced onion, couple cloves of garlic, and some frozen broccoli.  I sauteed that until it was almost done and then added my peeled shrimp and my shredded Spaghetti squash.  Once the shrimp was pink I added a couple of sprinkles of Italian seasoning.  Shrimp cooks extremely fast so make sure you don't overcook it, then it's rubbery and gross.

Three out of my four kids had seconds (or thirds) so I would call that a success.  Besides the roasting of the squash dinner was done in fifteen minutes!



No comments:

Post a Comment