Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Run Away!

Some days I really do want to run away.  But I know I can't =)



Today I'm going to give you an easy cardio workout that you can do at your own pace.  If you're not a runner, walking is fine.  Just make sure you're pushing the pace where it says to run (or even try running!).  If you're a runner, walk the warm up and then pick up the pace- really push yourself- where it says to run.

easy 10 minute warm- up

(run 1 minute, walk 2 minutes) x 4

easy 10 minute warm down

Ok, so what does that mean?  I want you to walk easy for about 10 minutes.  At the end of that 10 minutes, I want you to run (walk fast) for a minute followed by 2 minutes of walking.  Repeat that 4 times.  And then walk easy for 10 minutes.  Follow this whole workout with some easy stretching.

You can repeat this workout 3 times this week.  Just make sure you leave a day of rest in between each workout day.  Your day or rest could be an easy 30 minute walk, biking, swimming...  As long as you are taking it easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment