Friday, September 13, 2013

The Easy Way Out?

On Sunday I went to a nutrition seminar on a ninety day transformation program.  
I sat, listened, took notes even.  However, the biggest thing I did was suppress my eye rolls and groans.  
I really, really, really wanted to fall in love with this program and be able to pass it along to you.  
Unfortunately, I just couldn't endorse a program that pushed a product that was full of chemicals and passed it off as food.  Especially after I was told that it was full of vegetables.  
I also can't endorse a program that pushes little to no meat, don't get me wrong some people thrive on a vegetarian diet while others thrive on a diet full of meat, there is also the person that needs a balance of both; however it is up to YOU to figure out what works for you!
The big clincher in the deal was when I was told that I would have to give up coffee!  I'm sorry but no way, not happening!  
I was tempted though, it would be so easy.  You drink your breakfast and lunch and then just eat dinner with your family.  Easy peasy, the weight would literally roll off.  
Here's the deal, let me be straight with you; yes you can absolutely cut your calories down to almost nothing and you will lose weight.  You might even get used to eating very little and convince yourself over time that severe calorie reduction is the way to go.  
In the end though, you are going to struggle and your body isn't going to work as well as it should.  You will be cold a lot, your body will feel sluggish, your hormones will be out of whack so you will feel irritable and moody.  How do I know this?  Because I've done this type of diet before and one day I cracked and ate everything I saw.
 Self deprivation is not the way to go, trust me!
Don't get me wrong, I don't eat perfect all of the time.  In fact, today I ate a cookie that I bought at the store. It was really good and was the first cookie I had eaten in over a month. 
Was the cookie full of chemicals and junk?  Yes.  Was it a food that I had forbidden myself?  No, but it is a food that I limit myself too because I struggle with overindulging.  In fact, I am working on my self control problems when it comes to food; mainly sweets; so there are never any sweets kept in the house.  I can't do the moderation thing so for now I only eat sweets when I am out. 
As I sat in that seminar, I realized that diet and food are not a simple fix.  We all want the easy way out, a list with eat this but not that.  We want to wake up one day and be a size 4 or whatever our ideal number is.  Unfortunately, it isn't that simple, there isn't an easy way out!  It has taken me a year to lose sixty pounds.  I thought that by this time I would be at my ideal weight but I'm not.  There have been set backs and struggles but I have kept moving forward.  I am getting over my food hang ups, my binge eating habits, my struggle with vegetables, and my desire for the easy way out; the magic pill, shake, supplement, etc.  
Lynette and I want to help you out too.  We don't have a special program because we see the uniqueness in each person.  That is why we created Mom 4ce.  We want to help you make slow steady progress and reach your goals.  
So, how can we help you?

No comments:

Post a Comment