Monday, October 7, 2013

The Minimalism Endeavors

I'm always fascinated by the minimalist blogs and lifestyles.   The only problem is that I make it too complicated, which is the exact opposite of minimalism. 
 How do you know what to keep and what to get rid of?  What if I get rid of something and find that I need it later?  These questions and many others plague me whenever I start sorting through things and then I suddenly stop because I get overwhelmed.  
This move has started my minimalist endeavors afresh.  
We are going through everything and getting rid of whatever we have not used in the last six months.  I also can't quit because everything has to be packed.
I don't need or want overflowing cabinets or closets any longer.  My goal is that the new house will be easy to keep clean straightened up.  
My kids have even gotten in on the fun and have enjoyed passing on toys and clothes that they no longer want or need.  
I have discovered through this that minimalism is nothing more than only having what you need and will use versus having everything that you want and may or may not use. 
I attack the kitchen tomorrow so if you hear crying from the Dallas area you will know what it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment