Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The List

The last couple posts I've walked you through how I set goals for the year.  And now it's time to share my list of goals for 2014.  Each on of these goals supports my priorities in some way and are challenging enough to move me outside of my comfort zone.



Since I have goals for different areas (physical, spiritual, lifestyle, financial...) I'm not going to bore you with the entire list.  I'll just give you a couple and then tell you a bit about how I plan to reach those goals.

The List:
Run 1000 miles
-run a marathon in April (which means having a training plan in place!)
-run a 50k in September/ October (ditto the training plan!)

Pay down debt/ Increase savings
- follow our budget
-be very deliberate about what we spend

Be more joyful
- Joy 365 project (what's that?  Stay tuned for details in another blog ;) )

Work on getting the homestead established
- fence in an area for the goats
- establish a flock of chickens
- work on getting our house started and liveable

There you have it.  The short list of what I want to accomplish this year.  The great thing about having your goals in front of you is that you can refer back to them during the year to see if you're still on track, or if you need to get back on track.  

And do you see why goals are better than resolutions?  Do you see how having a plan of action is so much better than just wishing or hoping that you'll be able to accomplish something?





No comments:

Post a Comment