Friday, March 14, 2014

21 DSD Check In- Week One

My husband and I have been on the 21 Day Sugar Detox for five days now and I will be honest with you, we haven't been perfect.  If you want perfection, well you might want to read another blog.  
I am not supposed to be eating honey but I use honey daily for my allergies.  After a morning of sneezing I caved and went back to my normal teaspoon of honey with peppermint, lemon, and lavender.  
Other than that, things have gone really well.  I have been able to keep cravings at bay and honestly, I keep waiting to go crazy for an ice cream binge but it hasn't happened.  
The book has a lot of recipes and I have used some of those as well as some that I already had.  
All of the recipes have been delicious!  My kids have even gone back for seconds several times.  
Here is a recipe for you to try out.
  
Yummy Veggie Fritatta
12 ounce package of bacon
2 squash or zuchinni 
3 cups spinach, kale, or mixture of both
1 teaspoon of ground mustard
1 teaspoon cumin
salt to taste
1 cup coconut milk (full fat)
9 eggs

Preheat oven to 425.  Cook bacon.  Add diced squash.  Once the squash is cooked add the spinach.  Whisk together milk and eggs.  Add ground mustard, cumin, and salt.  Pour eggs into pan with everything else and then place in the oven.  Cook for 10-20 minutes or until everything is set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment