Friday, March 28, 2014

21 DSD- Week 3



Monday will be my last day on the 21 Day Sugar Detox.  
I can't believe that it's almost over!  I've had some slip ups and goof ups, I have been far from perfect, but all in all I have learned a lot and really enjoyed the 21DSD.  
I don't see myself jumping up and running for the treats on Tuesday.  I honestly don't want them right now, that's huge for me!
I have had some sugar cravings though and have enjoyed the natural sweetness of green apples or green tipped bananas.  I have not tried the treats in the book because I know that I would not be able to enjoy just one serving.  Most of the time that I wanted sugar I was having a rough day and needed to not run for food to solve my problems.  
The biggest change I have seen however, has not been with me but my kids.  We have not done a full "detox" with the kids but I have not had the normal "kid treats" in the house.  They have had fruit and no other sugary treats and they HAVE NOT COMPLAINED!  In fact, last night one of my twins had two servings of roasted asparagus and went on and on about how good it was.  They have also all been willing to try different foods and not grumble.  Along with that I have noticed that they had better attitudes and have slept better.  
Honestly, I love the 21 DSD and do not see sugar coming back into our kitchen if I can help it.
What about you, have you tried a 21 DSD?  

No comments:

Post a Comment