Monday, March 10, 2014

21 DSD

After a month of eating too much ice cream, hello pregnancy cravings, I decided to buckle down and get off the sugar.  Plus I always felt really crummy the morning after my ice cream fest and so I decided to do a 21 Day Sugar Detox.  I picked up the book on a whim and it is an easy read and explains how sugar works in your body.  It is not a deprivation type diet at all which I appreciate, it helps you to look at your body and learn to listen to it.  I also really appreciate that it has a section for pregnant and nursing women! 
There is a group that starts the 21 DSD the first Monday of every month and I had originally planned on starting on the third however we were leaving town on Friday and thought it would be insane to try and travel and stick to a sugar detox.  So today starts my 21 DSD!


I am excited and somewhat apprehensive but expect to learn a lot about my body and myself as I go through the next twenty-one days. 
I have stocked my kitchen with tons of veggies and made a food plan for the next couple of days.  I am ready and of course have my husband going through this with me so we can help each other out. 
Have you ever done a sugar detox?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't done a sugar detox. Seems like everyone I know is trying to reduce sugar in their diets. I probably should too :) Looking forward to reading about your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day is almost over and I haven't gone crazy yet so maybe this won't be too bad, LOL!

    ReplyDelete