Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lent

Today is the first day of Lent.  For many Christians, they will be giving up something for the next 40 days as they prepare for Easter.

Here at Mom 4ce, we will be joining others in observing Lent, but not quite the same way.

For the next 40 days, I will give up:

Gossiping.  If it doesn't build someone up, then it shouldn't be coming out of my mouth.

Complaining.  It's too easy to complain when something goes wrong.  I want to find the good in the bad.

Refined sugar.  It's not good for you.  It doesn't need to be in your diet.

And I also want to add some things in.  Over the next 40 days I want to add: 

Daily devotion.  I recently purchased this devotion from my friend Virginia.  Now is the perfect time to go through it.

Push- ups.  I can't do push- ups everyday, but I want to work through the 100 push- up challenge again.


Squats. Again, not every day, but I want to work through the 200 squat challenge.


More water.  I admit, I'm really bad about drinking enough water during the day.  Minimum goal is 1/2 gallon of water (or herbal tea with no sweeteners).  Anything beyond that is a bonus =)

So, there you have it.  What I want to give up (and not add back in once Lent is over) and what I want to add to make me stronger spiritually and physically.

Do you give up or add anything for Lent?




2 comments:

  1. I am a Christian as well and I will also be giving up refined sugar! It will be hard for me as I go to the strawberry festival this weekend, but I will make it! I think the daily devotional is a wonderful idea and I may add that as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to give up refined sugar but think about how great your body will feel after 40 days without it. Let us know how you do!

    ReplyDelete