Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Level UP Update

A few weeks ago, I wrote about the Level Up training program.

I thought I would give an update on it.  I'm starting level 7 this week (9th week with recovery weeks) and I am still loving it.  

The workouts are getting a bit more challenging.  My long runs are getting longer and there's more speed work.  Mile repeats still aren't my favorite, but I am seeing improvements in my mile time =)

Although, the training didn't really help me run faster at my last race...

Brave the Mud Run


Because I, apparently, have not been doing enough upper body strength work ;)

I have about 2 months left before my target race and am feeling pretty confident about my training.  The fact that I've stuck with a plan this long without getting bored or skipping most of the workouts says a lot about the program.  I will definitely be using this program for more of my races.






No comments:

Post a Comment