Monday, September 8, 2014

Running by The Book

A few weeks ago, I started a new Bible study with a group from my Wednesday night church (yes, I go to different churches on Sundays and Wednesdays).  I was apprehensive about it at first, because I couldn't figure out how you could tie a Bible study to running.

I've changed my mind about that =)

The beginning of August, we started Running by The Book by Corrine Baur.  


Each week she presents a training plan that helps the beginner train for a half marathon in 12 weeks (she also has a 10k program in the back of the book).  The plan is very doable and gradually increases the intensity of the program.

Each week, she gives you something physical to work on.  So far we have covered form, physical imbalances, core strength and nutrition tips.

The really cool part comes with how well the author ties the physical to the spiritual.  This week we talked about form and physical imbalances- what causes them and what to do to fix them.  The author then took the same 6 reasons for physical imbalances and related them to spiritual imbalances in our lives.  She gives numerous Scripture references to help you strengthen your imbalances.

Each week I've found myself challenged and encouraged to continue on.

Even though the book has a full week of training, the study part of it only takes 2 or 3 days.  Which is perfect because I have a hard time fitting that in each week =)

If you're looking for a good way to start a Bible study that touches on physical fitness as well, this is the perfect study.

No comments:

Post a Comment