Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My Workouts

If you spend any time around me you will be sure to hear about my boot camp style workout that I do with Camp Gladiator.  I honestly never thought that I would be a boot camp kind of girl and every morning that I wake up at 4:30 I wonder why I do what I do.  Then after an hour of running sprints, burpees, flipping tires, lifting weights, doing jump squats, or any other thing that my crazy trainer thinks of I can't wait until the next morning.  I have been able to push past my limits and made some great friends along the way!  I honestly love Camp Gladiator and my trainer Kevin Locks.  So that is what I do Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings.  

On Tuesday and Saturday I go for a run.  Sometimes that doesn't happen until the evening and sometimes they are more of a walk than a run but I also love the times alone listening to music, books, or just the silence.  These are my days to relax, regroup, think, pray, and enjoy my alone time.

On Thursday and Sunday I rest.  Some Sunday's I go for a long run if I am training for a race but most of the time these are the days for my family.  I was trying to run three days a week but honestly my body can't handle that type of schedule for long periods of time.

I also enjoy Pilates and I do a Pilates DVD whenever my body needs a good stretch.  I don't have those scheduled on certain days but I do them about three days a week.  A lot of the time I normally have at least one of my boys joining me!

What kind of workouts do you enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment