Monday, April 28, 2014

Eisenbahn Trail Half Marathon

Yes, you read the title correctly.  The full marathon I was suppose to run this weekend became a half.  

I'm actually really glad I decided to switch.  The weather forecast looked terrible on Saturday night.  High winds, cold temps and rain...

The cold temps (35*) and strong winds (15-20 mph) were what we actually had to deal with.  And since it was an out and back course, we had a headwind on the way back...

But, in spite of the weather conditions, we had a good race.  My dad and I ran it together, laughing and talking the whole way.

And we even managed to walk away with some bling...  First in both of our age groups (F34-39 and M60-99) =)


The only bad thing about the race was we ran into someone who remembered me running in high school.  And all he said was "You're not as fast as you were in high school, huh?"

Nope, I'm not.  Twenty years and 4 kids will tend to slow you down a bit...


No comments:

Post a Comment