Monday, December 15, 2014

Listening To My Body

The last few weeks I have been focusing more on my body and listening to it. 
I've been run down for the last year and whenever I mentioned it to a doctor I was reminded that I was pregnant or that I had five kids. I was then told to eat healthy and get plenty of rest.
Well, I eat extremely well and get as much rest as I can plus I exercise between 3-6 times a week. 
Adrenal Fatigue has been popping up a lot in my reading for my clients and the more I read about it the more it resonated with me. I made an appointment with a doctor and talked to her about what all was going on with me and asked her to do some tests on me. 
Guess what? I do have Adrenal Fatigue and a few other "issues" that I didn't quite see coming.
I know a lot of people have been diagnosed with this recently and some doctors don't see Adrenal Fatigue as a "real" disease but the more I research the more real it seems to me. 
We are all overtaxing our bodies and since our bodies are not nourished well so our Adrenal glands are overworked. We use caffeine to stay alert instead of resting. Our phones and other electronics never give us a minute to really take a break from work and so we are constantly stressed by demands.
So here is what I am doing for me and my family so that I don't get worse and so that I can have energy to raise my five kiddos, run a business, and most importantly be a great wife to my husband.
First of all, I am getting off of coffee. Yes, to everybody that just gasped I am off of coffee for at least the next month. 
Second, I am drinking lots and lots of bone broth. It is so nourishing and healing. I now sip a mug or two each morning. 
Third, I am staying away from Nightshades, grains, sugar, beans, nuts, and seeds because they can all cause irritation and inflammation in the body. 
Fourth, I am drinking LOTS of water, kombucha, and kefir which are all healing. 
Fifth, and probably most importantly I am getting lots of rest and listening to my body. I am still exercising but if I am exhausted or hurting instead of pushing myself to prove I am Wonder Woman I take a break and go for a walk. I am trying to get as much sleep as I can and some days I even take a nap when the girls do. 
I am sure that I will be blogging more about what I am doing so if you have any questions please ask and I will answer them in other posts. 

5 comments:

  1. What testing did your doc use to positively diagnose AF? I have heard salivary testing is best AM/PM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a full workup, it was time for a checkup.

      Delete
  2. Hope your body responds to the changes you're making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've learned to recognize what my body is telling me! Makes a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Lyme Disease, so I know what you mean about people not thinking it's "real". Invisible illnesses are often treated that way.

    ReplyDelete